Did you know?
- Oaklea House provides large, homely and beautifully furnished rooms to make your child feel happy and relaxed as soon as they arrive.
- We are a family run business with over 10 years experience in providing premium childcare to busy parents. Being family run ensures that we are in total control of our nursery and are able to maintain exceptionally high standards. In December 2016 we were rated ‘Good’ during our Ofsted inspection. Click here to view the Ofsted ratings for our other settings.
- We choose our nursery locations very carefully based on convenience and flexibility for parents. As such, Oaklea House is a 5 minute walk from Hook Station, which goes directly to London, as well as a 2 minute walk from Hook village and a 3 minute drive to the M3 and Bartley Wood Business Park.
- We have our own large private car park.
- Each of the children’s suites is specially designed to ensure that activities, meal and sleep times operate seamlessly.
- Half our staff possess a degree in a Childcare related subject, and some have also gained their Qualified Teacher Status. We are incredibly proud to have such a knowledgeable and well qualified team!
- Security is our number 1 priority at Oaklea House. External doors are video controlled and internal doors have entry codes and keycode locking systems, as well as special passwords for people other than mum or dad collecting. We also have a state of the art CCTV system operating within the nursery, ensuring that parents have peace of mind.
- Our in-house chef uses only the best and healthiest ingredients to make nutritious, balanced and delicious meals for our children daily. They are so good, we’ve started posting our recipes on our Facebook page!
- Not only does our kitchen have a Food Hygiene Rating of 5, we have recently been awarded the ‘Food Hygiene Award of Excellence’ in recognition of our continued efforts to go above and beyond the highest standards of kitchen care and hygiene.
- We are constantly seeking ways to improve and evolve our approach to childcare and in doing so, we maintain fantastic relationships with our parents as we value their feedback.
- Our online learning journey portal, Tapestry, allows parents to get live feed updates on their child’s day at nursery via phone, tablet or computer.
- We opened our 2-3 Suite!
- We are proud to announce that we have now opened our Soft Play Suite at Oaklea House! Complete with a ball pond, protective crash mat flooring and many different shapes and sizes to explore on, this suite is a great addition to Oaklea House, if you haven’t already seen it, click on our Gallery page, or book a showround!
- Oaklea House now offers Spanish Lessons to Pre-Schoolers. Lessons take place in small groups on a Wednesday morning and are proving to be a hit with the children!
- 2nd February 2016: We are proud to be celebrating our first year at Oaklea House! It has been a brilliant year, and a big thank you goes to all the staff, children and parents that make Oaklea such a special place. Here’s to many more years!
- After having our annual inspection by Environmental Health, we are proud to announce that we have been awarded a ‘5 rating’ and the ‘Food Hygiene Award of Excellence’ for the second year in a row!
- We had our first Ofsted Inspection at the end of November. We are delighted to have been awarded a ‘Good’. Click here to read the report.
- We introduced our new Spring/ Summer menu.